m68k: GAS equvivalent of DS.B

Apparently, there is no GAS equvivalent to the Motorola syntax
of Data Storage Byte/HWord/Word directive (DS.B/W/L count).
I found that ".byte value, value" resembles the "DC.B value, value"
directive, but I have not succeded in finding a replacement for DS.B/W/L.
I need 'count' instances of .byte length in the current section for
porting the TS2MON from Clements; Microprocessor systems design
to my own Near Infra Red spectrometer design.  m68k-coff assembler.

BTW, how do one specify registers in MRI compatible mode?
I.e. why do I keep getting 'operands mismatch' from "move.l (A2), D0"
when at the same time both "lea DELETE, A2" and "clr.l 8(A2)" are
accepted?

  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
  -Robert Anson Heinlein

		GeirFRS@invalid.and.so.forth

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.