Re: Results of "downloading compressed program images" request

    >>    me in many instances.  Why not give away the source code?  It is
    >>    useless without the hardware to run it on.
    >
    >I think you're right--I wish that more embedded developers had this view.

    then how do you protect a proprietary hardware design

In general, if something makes it hard for people to keep the specs of
hardware secret, I would consider that a step forward.  The
concealment of hardware designs for PC hardware has been a great
problem for the free software community.  I have little sympathy with
someone who wants to keep hardware specs secret merely so as to beat
out someone else.