Re: Mail archives?

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Ivo Janssen wrote:

> But anyway :) : I want to port newlib and libgloss to another
> architecture. I read the porting.texinfo in libgloss, but it doesn't
> give me the exact details on how to do the port. E.g. where to put

  What files ? Typically libgloss is only there to support newlib. You
don't really have to do anything at all to newlib to get things running.
What architecture are you porting for ? Is it to a supported processor,
but a new target board ?

> which files in which directory. Is there a more extended manual on
> porting newlib/libgloss? I really liked the Porting GCC manual.

  One of these days I'll rewrite the porting manual, but at this point
it'd nothing more than a braindump. Many things have been improved in
libgloss, but the manual hasn't been updated at all.

> or so. Where do I initialize the stackpointer?

  In the linker script, usually. You can also set it in the crt0.S, but
the linker script is better. Probably the best example to use is the m68k
port, or the rs6000 one.

	- rob -