Re: cross linker for irix 5.3

I was told that ld for mips ELF is buggy so that's why it is not built.
You can kludge building it and get an ld that compiles, but the program
won't work (actually I think I got it to link some things but most things
would link and then fail to run).

> I am trying to build a cross-compiler for an sgi irix 5.3 target.
>
> The cross-compiler built okay (solaris 2.5 -> irix 5.3) but I can't
> build the binutils cross-linker.  When I run configure on the binutils
> it tells me that everything will be built except 'ld'.
>
> I have an origin 200 running irix 6.4, so I though I would build a
> native linker on the irix 5.3 box that I could then run on my irix 6.4
> box to actually link the irix 5.3 binaries.  This didn't work either.
> Configure told me the same thing -- it could build everything except
> the linker.
>
> Am I out of luck?  Is there no way to build a linker for an irix 5.3
> box, native or otherwise?  Is there any way to link with the irix 6.4
> linker?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     ...Tyler

> | Tyler Sims                      |  Realcase Software Research Corp.  |
> | Research Software Engineer      |  Suite 490, 800-6th Ave. S.W.      |
> |                                 |  Calgary, Alberta, Canada          |
> | Work: (403) 264-9717            |  T2P 3G3                           |
> | Fax:  (403) 252-5615            |                                    |
> | Email: sims@realcase.com        |  "Our goal is perfection.          |
> |                                 |   Excellence will be tolerated."   |

BogoMIPS Research Labs  --  bogosity research & simulation  --  VE7JPM  --
  jmorriso@bogomips.com  ve7jpm@ve7jpm.ampr.org  jmorriso@ve7ubc.ampr.org