Re: gdb over 68360 BDM

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Stephen Williams wrote:

> joel@OARcorp.com said:
> > the CPU can be m68k, powerpc, i386, i386-go32, i960, hppa1.1, mips64,
> > sparc, and (with any luck coming soon) sh.
>
> Have you by any chance tackled ARM yet? We're going to be building a
> StrongARM daughter card for my image processing board and I'll be getting
> an ARM evaluation board soon, for porting uCR. The evaluation board monitor
> accepts ``AIF'' format files (like mon960 accepts coff) and I don't know what
> AIF (ARM Image Format) is.

Unfortunately, we have not ported to the StrongARM yet.  I have received
email from someone at DEC who seems to be doing a port but have not
received very detailed information yet.

But looking in binutils 2.8.1, I see  lot of bfd/*arm* files and one of
them is for "PEI" --arm PE IMAGE COFF files.  It might be the same thing.
Asking on crossgcc or egcs would be a good idea.  More than likely Ian
Taylor of cygnus knows the answer for sure.

--joel