Re: gdb over 68360 BDM

    >> On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Francis Valentinis wrote:
    >>
    >> > I remember reading somewhere that Motorola CPU32 BDM support
    >> > had been integrated as a target type in gdb, allowing remote
    >> > debugging via the CPU32 BDM port using a standard BDM cable.
    >>
    >> ftp://ftp.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/bdm/

    Gunter> This link is correct for the BDM patches for 68332 or
    Gunter> other "simple" CPU32 controllers and for x86-Linux with
    Gunter> the PD BDM interface on the printer port.

    Gunter> However, as the subject says, the original poster has been
    Gunter> looking for BDM support for a 68360 system, which is
    Gunter> slightly different: Before debugging a 68360 the mbar
    Gunter> register has to be set. As this is a special register
    Gunter> which requires temporary changing SFC/DFC, mbar support
    Gunter> must be added in the GDB backend.

    Gunter> This feature is not yet in the above mentioned patches. I
    Gunter> am working on a new release, and actually have a working
    Gunter> 68360 debugger, but this has not been released yet. If
    Gunter> anybody needs this very urgently, mail me.

    Gunter> Let me also point you to the work of Eric Norum at
    Gunter> Univ. Sasketchuan (sp?), Canada, who built another Linux
    Gunter> GDB/BDM system. His system has already 68360
    Gunter> support. Sorry, no precise link at hand.

    Gunter> Greetings gm -- Gunter Magin magin[AT]skil.camelot.de

I am currently working on a 68360 project and would like very much to
get us off of a proprietary compiler, primarily so that the Pentium,
Sparc, 68340, 68360, and PPC cpus would all use the same compiler
front end and libraries.  It would be nice to switch to RTEMS someday
also, but first I want to do the compiler.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
Robert Jay Brown III rj@eli.elilabs.com  http://www.elilabs.com 1 847 705-0424