custom sections in m68k-unknown-coff

Hi,

I have tried to put a variable into a certain custom section
in gcc by using the __attribute__ ((section ("mysect"))), but
the gcc complained that the section attribute is disabled for
this target.

In the configuration code for the m68k-coff there is indeed no
#define of  ASM_OUTPUT_SECTION_NAME which seems to be responsible
for section attributes.

The gcc info says that "some target formats do not support
arbitrary sections", but as far as I know, coff does!

Has anyone used arbitrary sections in m68-coff?
Is there a reason why the arbitrary sections are disabled?

Thanks,

Alexander Zeyliger
azeyliger@plushkin.com