Re: Motorola coldfire520X and gcc/gdb

> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Chris Johns wrote:
>
> I got it from a friend of mine, but you can also find it on
> ftp://ftp.cygnus.com
> I'm not sure about the directory, but I think /pub/gdb
> file is gdb-bdm-patches.tar.gz or similar.
>
> the patch is relative to gdb-4.13 but I patched a gdb-4.16 with it
> (had to tweak the gdb/Makefile)

I did the 4.13 patches some time back, when I still was at the University.
The patches have somehow wandered to Cygnus, but haven't been updated since
then.

Rob: If you read this, could you please add a pointer in
	ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/embedded
to the URL below? 4.13 is definately obsolete.

Last summer I did the move to 4.16 and added some more features.

see:
	ftp://ftp.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/bdm/gdb-4.16-bdm-patches.tgz

A word to porting the driver and the gdb patches to ColdFire:

Unfortunately I have neither a ColdFire-System nor a data book available,
but I have heard there are more features in the ColdFire BDM interface,
than in CPU32 (trigger capability on access to specific addresses).

The driver for CPU32 and CPU32+ boils down to send the BDM commands over
the BDM send/receive line. _If_ this is still a 10/8 pin connector with the
same timing, you can use the many available PD parallel port BDM
interfaces, and so probably the driver with only minor changes. But this
needs very careful checking re. timing, etc.  Especially the single
stepping is very critical. However, it seems workable.

Regards
gm
--
Ingenieurbuero Gunter Magin                             magin[AT]skil.camelot.de