Re: Minor problems with the cross patch

   Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:15:59 -0800
   From: Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>

   For some unknown reason patch didn't create all the new files in the
   correct directory. I thought it might help some people to know this.

More details would be helpful.  Especially, which patch!? :-)

   The comment in the diff also says some files are created in i386/, the
   correct path is config/i386, as the diff attempts.

This is a standard GCC convention for ChangeLog entries.
Though I can see that this might confuse some people.

   On a different issue, the FAQ could include information on generating
   libgcc1.a on the target machine. This process is simple, although not
   always necesary, and is explined in the gnu info files.

I'll look into it for 0.9.