updating the tools

Hi,
I followed the guidelines in the FAQ, but I used gcc-2.7.2.2 and
binutils-2.7. As a result I had the following problems:
1) Seems like gas doesn't work well with go32 as target.
2) libgcc1.a (or something like that) is required for sco.

the host was FreeBSD-2.1.7, I'll be starting up again from the old
binutils and gcc-2.7.2 and I will apply the patches until they break
something, unless someone has had some experience upgrading the tools
and can help me out :).

Pedro.