Re: ALIAS instructions are messed up?

Joern Rennecke wrote:
Whether to disallow alias insns entirely is a separate question. Dunno.
[We could still keep it for macro-insns.
And I realize there are a few ports that currently use it, or at least specify > it.]

Currently, macro-instructions can't be used in all instances where it should be natural to use them. When you want to set a multi-ifield to a constant, you end up with the entire costant being added in in the bit position of each of constituent simple bitfields.

Let's fix this. Do you have an example readily available?

By adding an ALIAS instruction by hand, you can at least work around the problem by setting only simple bitfields to constants.

Good point.