From: cgen-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cgen-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Shilin Shakti
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 12:27 PM
To: cgen@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Simulator Porting

Hi all,
I am having some trouble trying to port a simulator for a new target.
Actually i have modelled the required simulator files like mloop.in, sim-if.c, etc, for my port to be as close to the existing m32r base port.
However when i try to execute a program using my simulator, it gives the following message:
"2 byte write to unmapped address 0xfffffffe at 0x404",
while the similar m32r program runs fine. At 0x404 is a move immediate data instruction in my case (but how this 0xfffffffe address i'm confused!!).

I do not know why this is coming. Currently i have changed a few constants of m32r base port like the M32R_DEVICE_ADDR,M32R_DEVICE_LEN and M32R_DEFAULT_MEM_SIZE to match those of my processor. Still why this error
for 0xfffffffe,etc is coming into picture i am not sure.
Please could anyone provide any help in this regard.
Currently i have two terminals open, one where i'm debugging my ported simulator on native gdb, and other debugging the existing m32r base simulator, for the sake of reference of execution flow, etc :-)) (to see where i'm going wrong!)..But still no luck..
Kindly advice anyone,
Thanking you in advance,
Best Regards,
Shilin

This message contains the information that may be privileged and is  the property of the KPIT Cummins Infosystems LTD.It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print , retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Cummins does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.