Re: [RFA:] Fix for lsb0? in -gen-extract-word, take 2.

Frank Ch. Eigler writes:
 > Unfortunately, only "medium-weird" ports are on the sourceware
 > cgen repository, so it's possible that a change will break only
 > a port you don't (yet) have access to.

cgen shouldn't be held ransom be Redhat.
By that I mean if Redhat has proprietary ports it hasn't released yet
that's its problem, not the net's.

If a change doesn't break any existing net port (and diff'ing
the generated files before/after goes a long way to doing that (*)),
and the change is desirable, then the change should go in.
Let Redhat have "REDHAT LOCAL" mods if it needs.

Yes I know Redhat still has the copyright, but does it want to
play nice with the net and encourage progress and net contributions
or restrict it by saying "no you can't do that because it will break
one of our internal ports".

If the change is TRTTD, Redhat should welcome it and adapt.
If it can't right away, deal with it.  It's not like the folks
at Redhat don't have any experience dealing with local mods. :-)

(*) A script to do this would be a very useful addition.
[insert various caveats]   Someone want to write it?