Re: problems with guile?

Hi -

> i want to play with cgen, but can`t get it run.

> what version of guile must be used for cgen?
> i try 1.3.4 and 1.4.1, but they both complain in map procedure:

We've had success with several versions of guile, those two included.
The problem you are seeing:

> guile> (load "dev.scm")
> guile> (load-opc)
> guile> (cload #:arch "ia32")
> [...]

is probably due to starting cgen in something other than batch mode
(as in the "make" of sid/sim/opcodes, the only mode that we tend to
run it under), or if you're trying to process incomplete .cpu files.
The ia32, ia64, and several cgen cpu models are (or rather, used
to be) works-in-progress.  Working ports are those for which an
actual generated sid/sim/opcodes target exists.

- FChE