re: PATCH: binutils + i18n

   >    opcodes/ChangeLog:
   >    2001-09-22  Bruno Haible  <haible@clisp.cons.org>
   >
   >    	* cgen-asm.in (*_cgen_build_insn_regex): Generate a case sensitive
   >    	regular expression.  Fix some formatting problems.
   >    	* fr30-asm.c: Regenerate.
   >    	* openrisc-asm.c: Regenerate.
   >    	* m32r-asm.c: Regenerate.
   >
   > hmmmmm..  do we really want to have instruction parsing be dependant
   > on locale?  shouldn't these parsers be static based on the instruction
   > set and thus ignore locale completely?

   Hmmm, I think that this would be good, but I suspect that it might need
   some customised regexp routines to achieve it.  I believe that the
   point of Bruno's patch is that passing the REG_ICASE flag to regcomp()
   does not work if the current locale is Turkish, (and probably some
   other locales as well).  So either regcomp needs to be fixed, or else
   Bruno's patch needs to be applied.

   For now I will assume that regcomp will not change, so I am going to
   check in his patch.

hmm, my point is that locale shouldn't matter for a gas parser,
except it's error messages.  whatever the locale, the input
should be treated identically...  (i may be confused and this
isn't the issue at hand.)

.mrg.