Re: PATCH: binutils + i18n

Hi Matthew,

>    opcodes/ChangeLog:
>    2001-09-22  Bruno Haible  <haible@clisp.cons.org>
>
>    	* cgen-asm.in (*_cgen_build_insn_regex): Generate a case sensitive
>    	regular expression.  Fix some formatting problems.
>    	* fr30-asm.c: Regenerate.
>    	* openrisc-asm.c: Regenerate.
>    	* m32r-asm.c: Regenerate.
>
> hmmmmm..  do we really want to have instruction parsing be dependant
> on locale?  shouldn't these parsers be static based on the instruction
> set and thus ignore locale completely?

Hmmm, I think that this would be good, but I suspect that it might need
some customised regexp routines to achieve it.  I believe that the
point of Bruno's patch is that passing the REG_ICASE flag to regcomp()
does not work if the current locale is Turkish, (and probably some
other locales as well).  So either regcomp needs to be fixed, or else
Bruno's patch needs to be applied.

For now I will assume that regcomp will not change, so I am going to
check in his patch.

Cheers
        Nick