Re: Add ar --output

Hi Fangrui,

> There is a proposal https://reviews.llvm.org/D69418 that adds --output
> to llvm-ar. --output specifies the output directory for the x (extract)
> operation. Does GNU ar want to do the same?

Yes.  It would be very helpful for users if both versions of the tool
behaved in the same way and supported the same options.

Are you volunteering to submit a patch to add this behaviour ?

(I ask because I am lazy/busy and if you are willing to do the work
then that would be grand.  But if not, then I will take on the task
myself).