This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][binutils][Arm][2/3] Add support for float16 (IEEE and Alternative formats) for Arm backend.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Barnaby Wilks <Barnaby dot Wilks at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd <nd at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 13:31:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][binutils][Arm][2/3] Add support for float16 (IEEE and Alternative formats) for Arm backend.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cross compiled and regtested on arm-none-eabi and arm-none-linux-gnueabihf
Are you sure ? I am seeing the following new assembler failures when I test the patch:
FAIL: Invalid float16 literals (IEEE 754 & Alternative)
FAIL: Big endian float16 literals (IEEE 754 & Alternative)
FAIL: Tag_ABI_FP_16bit_format EABI attribute written for Arm alternative format.
FAIL: Tag_ABI_FP_16bit_format written for IEEE float16 format.
FAIL: Tag_ABI_FP_16bit_format EABI attribute not written when format not specified
FAIL: Invalid combination of command line arguments and directives
FAIL: Little endian float16 literals (IEEE 754 & Alternative)
(This is with lots of different configurations of ARM based toolchains).
The problem seems to be the same with all of the tests. Eg:
gas/testsuite/gas/arm/float16.s: Assembler messages:
gas/testsuite/gas/arm/float16.s:2: Error: cannot create floating-point number
gas/testsuite/gas/arm/float16.s:2: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `1'
It looks like the patch is maybe missing a change to atof_ieee.c to handle the 'h'
format maybe ?