This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [PowerPC] VLE update
- From: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alexander Fedotov <alfedotov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 15:18:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [PowerPC] VLE update
- References: <CAN8C2CrG3n5QP17Om=_0SwmLVOKi+Z9NV-oTKXsgnhhGd=N7cQ@mail.gmail.com> <20170827223428.GY3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CoL=Q+qbeYmFKScDR0ZihnEsrANYoy_qOF+QYUYVemail@example.com> <20170828131425.GE3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CrFgKgKjE5DHzfbk4+v0qrOL+0vp9gwtu2H5WANU1KThQ@mail.gmail.com> <20170829061727.GG3368@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CpixuaJaTcdV5eDVfWXygEUOjEubiMCYbTwVsvDLTdrgA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN8C2Coq+=z+fDE=-uYPhSf5Udr0731FwHiNdR6i3=DX0GVN-Q@mail.gmail.com> <20170904231509.GA22807@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAN8C2CqZGw1D71dK2AG5H-EPURoSq6mjwBRP-y_CpgfhV_ny1g@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAN8C2Cp6ZO7qx=dckjXLxVTvCNMuKr6BhORxCqvhqp=udE0YsA@mail.gmail.com>
A likely problem is use of OpenJade 1.4, which is shipped on recent
Ubuntu and some other distros. Apparently the backlevel 1.3 is required
to build this project successfully.
On 7/24/19 1:14 PM, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> Yes, I have existing PDF. I just wanted to build from sources to
> ensure changes are fine and then submit pull request in github.
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 20:50, Bill Schmidt <email@example.com
> <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
> Although I inherited this from Ryan Arnold some 7 years ago, I have
> never attempted to build it. So I won't have much help to offer
> with that.
> Verify that you have all the required software installed from the
> file. If you still can't build it, you will need to provide more
> information about the problem you're having.
> However, there's no need for you to build it, as it's out on the
> net in
> a variety of places. Here's one:
> On 7/24/19 8:49 AM, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> > Hi Bill and Alan
> > I've tried to build PDF from that powerabi on github with no luck on
> > linux machine. Bill, do you still support this?
> > What do you think if we'll add R_PPC_VLE_PLTREL24 and
> > R_PPC_VLE_LOCAL24 relocations after these years?
> > Alex
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:15 AM Alan Modra <email@example.com
> <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
> >> On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 10:41:14AM +0300, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> >>> Ping on a patch :)
> >> Thanks for your patience. It's now committed with a small change:
> >> I modified the section10.d gas test to pass for VLE rather than
> >> disabling it.
> >> --
> >> Alan Modra
> >> Australia Development Lab, IBM