This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86: drop stale Mem enumerator
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 09:53:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86: drop stale Mem enumerator
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 12:50 AM Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> This was supposed to also be removed by c48dadc9a8 ('x86: drop "mem"
> operand type attribute'). It's odd enough that this hasn't caused
> build issues, considering the careful use of OTunused (apparently to
> avoid "missing initializer" warnings).
> To avoid such happening again introduce compile time consistency
> 2019-07-05 Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * i386-gen.c (static_assert): Define.
> (main): Use it.
> * i386-opc.h (Opcode_Modifier_Max): Rename to ...
> (Opcode_Modifier_Num): ... this.
> (Mem): Delete.