This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] MIPS support for GNU hash
- From: Mihailo Stojanović <mihailo dot stojanovic at rt-rk dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Chenghua Xu <paul dot hua dot gm at gmail dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "Maciej W . Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>, Petar Jovanovic <petar dot jovanovic at rt-rk dot com>, Dragan Mladjenovic <dragan dot mladjenovic at rt-rk dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 11:57:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] MIPS support for GNU hash
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
The patch looks fine. There are just two issues, one small, one maybe not
so small. The small issue is that the patch introduces two new failures
into the linker testsuite for a mips-irix toolchain:
I believe that these are caused by this particular configuration introducing
its own entry into the hash table, so that instead of the expected two entries
there are now three. Please could you check and either xfail these tests for
that particular target or else update the regexps to allow for the extra entry.
I've xfailed the tests for IRIX targets. Indeed the problem was caused by
the additional hash table entries added by this configuration.
New patch is submitted at:
RT-RK is now in the process of extending the copyright assignment to
The bigger issue is that according to my check RT-KT have only provided copyright
assignments for gcc, gdb and glibc. But not the binutils:
GCC GDB GLIBC RT-RK Computer Based Systems LLC 2017-09-05
Assigns past and future changes.
Milenko Beric (CFO)
Please could you check this, and if I am correct, ask whomever is in charge of
this sort of thing if they could extend their copyright assignment to include
the binutils. Thanks.
I suppose it should be sorted out soon.