Re: Software Quality Binutils

Hi Christoph,

I'm sure that if you identify any particular issues and send
patches, then they'll be carefully considered by the relevant person.

However I'm equally sure that if you send patches simply because they
shut sonar up then most will be rejected.   Sonar in its default
cofiguration is highly promiscuous - it includes criteria from
committees such as MISRA who in my opionion have failed to grasp many
principles of coding, and their rules achive the opposite of clean
code.

(I formerly worked at Infineon and  I don't think they're in a position
to complain that other people's code is "smelly"!)

J'