Re: Are binutils 2.26 and earlier still maintained?

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 02:16:38PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
     I'm trying to find out which binutils releases still have upstream support.

     Is there a document to which I can point people?

     On the glibc side, we generally only support toolchain components which
     still have upstream support, and binutils 2.26 and earlier have issues on
     some platforms.  This is why I want to move the general minimum
     requirement to a later version, with upstream support.

What do you mean by "upstream" and what do you mean by "support"?

So far as I'm aware there is no "upstream" of binutils  - binutils comes
straight from the horse's mouth.

And like most free software the only "support" you get (unless you make
special arrangements) is that you can ask for someone to help you on a forum
such as this one, and hope that someone competent is kind enough to assist
you.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3