Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> > Gold supports only a small fraction of the platforms that BFD does,
>
> Which of the platforms that are still relevant for commercial applications
> are supported by BFD which are not supported by Gold?
>
> As far as I know, Gold support x86*, POWER*, ARM*, s390* and MIPS* which
> covers all of the targets that distributions like Fedora, openSUSE and
> Debian consider as supported release architectures.

 We have dozens of bare metal targets which only have support in BFD.
Some of these architectures happen to have Linux support too, for embedded
applications.  All the world is not Linux.  And all the world are not
distributions either.  Freescale S12Z is the most recent addition I
believe, and has no gold support AFAICT.

  Maciej