This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, The development of GNU GRUB <grub-devel at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 15:07:31 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> binutils/bfd recently removed a.out and COFF support for sparc .
> Unfortunately, this means that we are no longer able to built GRUB or
> SILO for sparc/sparc64 which need to be built as a.out binaries as the
> Open Boot Firmware requires them to be in a.out format .
Link as ELF and use elftoaout to convert to a.out.