This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: The development of GNU GRUB <grub-devel at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:56:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/07/2018 12:51 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> binutils/bfd recently removed a.out and COFF support for sparc .
I just noticed that COFF/a.out support for MIPS was removed as well
and shortly after restored since it seems that GRUB also needs
COFF/a.out support on MIPS.
So, can we have COFF/a.out support back, at least for sparc*?
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer - email@example.com
`. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - firstname.lastname@example.org
`- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913