This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- From: "Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko" <phcoder at gmail dot com>
- To: The development of GNU GRUB <grub-devel at gnu dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:04:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Recent removal of a.out and COFF support for sparc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I can change code to do conversion to coff ourselves.
вт, 7 авг. 2018 г., 12:56 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <
> binutils/bfd recently removed a.out and COFF support for sparc .
> Unfortunately, this means that we are no longer able to built GRUB
> or SILO for sparc/sparc64 which need to be built as a.out binaries
> as the Open Boot Firmware requires them to be in a.out format .
> I would therefore like to ask to start a discussion about a potential
> reversal of this commit as I don't think we can forgo being able
> to build a bootloader on sparc/sparc64.
> Also, since m68k is still very actively maintained (there is even
> LLVM support in the works now) and since AmigaOS uses COFF, I would
> to ask for the a.out and COFF support for m68k to be reinstated
> as well .
> > 
> >  https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19457-01/801-7042/801-7042.pdf
> > 
> .''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> : :' : Debian Developer - email@example.com
> `. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - firstname.lastname@example.org
> `- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913
> Grub-devel mailing list