Setting a date for the 2.31 branch

Hi Guys,

  The last binutils release was in January, so if we want to keep a 6
  month cadence then then next release should be in July.  With my
  Fedora hat on though, it would be very convenient if the next release
  happened before July 11, as that is when the next mass rebuild will
  happen.  Thus I am considering creating the branch a little bit early,
  say June 23 (a Saturday) in order to give enough time for testing and
  bug fixing.

  How would this fit in with your plans ?  A branch on the 23rd would
  give us another week to add in any new features that we want in the
  2.31 release.  This is not a lot of time, I know, but I do not think
  that there are big changes currently in the pipeline.  Are there ?