This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATH v2] ARM: Fix relocation of EXIDX sections
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Akihiko Odaki <akihiko dot odaki dot 4i at stu dot hosei dot ac dot jp>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>, Yury Usishchev <y dot usishchev at samsung dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:04:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATH v2] ARM: Fix relocation of EXIDX sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> As reported in PR binutils/20595, BFD has a bug that it doesn't delete
> relocations for deleted exidx. This change fixes the behavior.
Unfortunately when I tried out this patch, it introduced a segmentation
fault into the linker if you build for the tic6-elf target. (Try running
the linker testcase ld-tic6x/pcrel-reloc-local to see this happen). The
TIC6X target mixes both REL and RELA type relocs, which I presume is part
of the problem. Please could you investigate and fix this issue.