Re: .startof.() / .sizeof.() support status

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 02:04:50AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Hello,

> tries to start making use of these two gas operators I've faced
> resistance due to them being completely undocumented. Is such to be
> understood as an indication that they may go away down the road?
> (And no, I'm not really up to contributing a doc patch myself.)

They need linker magic to do anything, of course.  Since they have
been supported since late 1995, I suppose you might be able to count
on another 20 years.  :)

> Additionally, is it known whether non-GNU tool chain components (e.g.
> clang/llvm) support them?

Gold currently doesn't support them as far as I'm aware.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM