Re: differences in generated ldscripts for native and cross builds

Alan Modra wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 09:00:41PM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:29:51 +1030, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I think it's time we defaulted to --enable-initfini-array, at least for
> > > binutils-2.27.
> >
> > Makes sense to me (only for systems where it's supported, of course).
>
> The macros defined by --enable-initfini-array are HAVE_INITFINI_ARRAY,
> which is only used by ld/testsuite/ld-elf/init-mixed.c, and
> ENABLE_INITFINI_ARRAY, which is used in ld/scripttempl/nds32elf.sc,
> ld/scripttempl/elf.sc, and ld/emulparams/elf_nacl.sh.  Thus we don't
> need anything target specific in configure.ac:  Non-ELF targets won't
> be affected by the change.
>
> Where we might get into trouble is on systems that use old startup
> files lacking code to call constructor function pointers in
> .init_array.  For glibc that means 2002 vintage code, I think.

I just noticed this change broke spu-elf; most newlib targets (with
the sole exception of ARM/AArch64) still do not support .init_array.
But I guess at this point I can live with having to specify
--disable-initfini-array when building current binutils for SPU ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand