-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 12:29 PM

Hi Catherine,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I have been going through the patch, trying to understand what it is doing.  It looks basically sound to me, but there is one problem - it introduces some regressions in my binutils testsuite checker.  Specifically:

Checking Binutils in: alpha-linux-gnu ... GAS: 3 LD: 3 done
   GAS REGRESSION: alpha elf-reloc-8
   GAS REGRESSION: CFI on alpha
   GAS REGRESSION: CFI on alpha, 2
   LD REGRESSION: TLS -fpic -shared
   LD REGRESSION: TLS -fpic and -fno-pic exec
   LD REGRESSION: TLS -fpic and -fno-pic exec

Checking Binutils in: alpha-unknown-freebsd4.7 ... GAS: 1 done
  GAS REGRESSION: alpha elf-reloc-8

Checking Binutils in: mips-sgi-irix6 ... GAS: 78 LD: 51 BIN: 2 done
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #1 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #2 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #3 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #4 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #5 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #6 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EB #7 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #1 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #2 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #3 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #4 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #5 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #6 with
   GAS REGRESSION: Compact EH EL #7 with

Could you have a look at these and see what is causing them/how to fix them ?  I can provide you with the log files if it will help.