[Patch, AArch64, LD/BFD] Cortex-A53 Erratum 835769 -- LD segfaults with unordered maps.

Hi,

The BFD/LD patch for Cortex-A53 erratum 835769(https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-10/msg00199.html) does not handle a particular case of the AArch64 ELF ABI where mapping symbols are allowed to be unordered in the symbol table(not in address order). The unordering causes section maps to be traversed with incorrect span boundaries(in the erratum scanning function) which causes memory faults. The attached patch fixes this issue by ordering the section maps by their 'vma' before starting to traverse them.

While this is not an issue with a the GNU toolchain, it is a potential issue with Clang/LLVM. We have observed atleast one case where LLVM generates an ELF object with mapping symbols unordered in the symbol table and causes a fault. We have been unable to construct a test case with the GNU toolchain. We have verified by manual inspection the correctness of the traversal with this patch for an LLVM-generated ELF object which triggered this issue. This patch has been bootstrapped on aarch64-linux and regressed.

OK for trunk, 2.24 and 2.25?

Thanks,
Tejas.

Changelog:

2014-11-21  Tejas Belagod  <tejas.belagod@arm.com>

	* elfnn-aarch64.c (erratum_835769_scan): Sort map list.
	(elf_aarch64_compare_mapping): New.