This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: Christer Solskogen <christer dot solskogen at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:11:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: LEXLIB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m2onop$ubb$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <54522903 dot 1010202 at redhat dot com>
On 30.10.2014 13:03, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
I see that if libfl.a or libfl.so is found, binutils links to it.
But I haven't found of why binutils wants that library. What does
binutils want with it?
Quite a few programs in the binutils suite use flex. The linker uses it
to parse link scripts. Some ports of gas use it to parse assembler
source code. The archiver (ar) uses it to MRI scripts, and so on.