This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Reduce Filling Size in RAM
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: ClÃment PÃron <peron dot clem at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:52:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: Reduce Filling Size in RAM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJiuCcfidOdSwDvUQY4Ck3zsBzqP3Hotb-8+F383_LB+SBwv6A at mail dot gmail dot com>
When i look to my map after the link i see that there is 600o used
just for filing in RAM which is a lot on my 8ko available.
*fill* 0x00000000200025ad 0x3
It's not possible to put the .bss.pm_cpu_instance wich as a size of 1
in the fill of the .bss._adxl_status_s
I think that we are going to need some more information before we can
answer this question. Specifically:
* Which target are you using ?
* Which version of the binutils are you using ?
* What is the command line that you are using to perform the link.
* If you are using a customized linker script then we would need to
see that too.
* Do you have a small example that reproduces the problem ?
Also - have you tried using the "--sort-section=alignment" linker
command line option ?