This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH, ARM] Add support for value 3 of Tag_ABI_VFP_args attribute
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "'Nicholas Clifton'" <nickc at redhat dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:05:26 -0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, ARM] Add support for value 3 of Tag_ABI_VFP_args attribute
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <002e01cfdafa$10ac4c00$3204e400$ at arm dot com> <002501cfe390$3edc1440$bc943cc0$ at arm dot com> <54510F8D dot 9020202 at redhat dot com>
> From: Nicholas Clifton [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:02 PM
> The patch itself is basically fine, although I do have one request for a
> change (see below). I should mention however that we can only
> the changes to the binutils sources. For the change to the GDB sources
> you will have to submit a separate email to the
> email@example.com mailing list.
Ah thanks for telling me. I didn't know that.
> The one change I would like to see is to replace the use of numeric
> values 0, 1, 2, and 3 for the Tag_ABI_VFP tag with words instead. Ie
> please create an enum for the values and then use the enum values in
> patch. This makes the code easier to read in my opinion.
Yep, it makes sense. I'll make a new revision of that patch.