This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Support bits/planes for ICON-resources proper
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:30:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Support bits/planes for ICON-resources proper
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEwic4bb2h0EVGVH90SogtX8V7e-ZL8OeJ61QQg_-0dux=TtPQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
2014-10-27 Kai Tietz <email@example.com>
* resrc.c (define_cursor): Gain icon's planes/bits information
by the header-information.
A couple of minor points:
* It would be nice if we could have a new test in the binutils
testsuite that checks this patch.
* I think that it would be cleaner if the value of "doff" was set
only once, where the test is performed. Ie:
+ long doff = 8;
+ /* Get the planes/bits by the bitmap header.
+ See if we deal with a BITMAPCOREHEADER. */
+ if (get_long (e, real_filename) != 12)
+ /* No, we deal with a BITMAPINFOHEADER. */
+ doff = 12;
/* See if we are dealing with a BITMAPCOREHEADER or a
doff = get_long (e, real_filename) == 12 ? 8 : 12;
Neither of these are sufficient to block the patch, so please consider
it to be approved. But if you have the time then the changes/additions
would be nice.