Re: Weak Alias and Static Question

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 03:41:33PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Is it possible to have a static default function for a weak alias?

This question is really one for the gcc list, but it appears to be
supported for quite some time.  However, I wouldn't be game to use the
construct, especially in the light of glibc making heavy use of weak
aliases but never to static functions as far as I'm aware (glibc does
use weak aliases to static variables).  What harm is there in emitting
another global symbol, if you use __bsp_start_default rather than
bsp_start_default?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM