This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix creating of non svr4 libraries
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:13:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix creating of non svr4 libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B4D4CA33-3A05-4F30-8F81-3EEF6102E13B at adacore dot com> <20141018083115 dot GQ4267 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 18 Oct 2014, at 10:31, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 02:04:11PM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> PR binutils/14698
>> * ar.c (open_inarch): Move code that set target from plugin_target.
> This will break ar for lto objects (or require you to specify
> --target=plugin). The problem is that archive elements must be loaded
> under control of the lto plugin to see the real symbols, those that
> you want to put into the archive symbol table.
It looks like a design issue, doesn't it ? The plugin bfd target should
use the target archive format (and not its own format).
That looks doable however!