This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-2.24.90 snapshot is available
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at act-europe dot fr>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:09:32 +1030
- Subject: Re: binutils-2.24.90 snapshot is available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141014095441 dot 7A3361A5FE3B at ulanbator dot act-europe dot fr> <544110D3 dot 8010300 at ubuntu dot com>
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 02:51:31PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> please enable bumping the date on the branch (or maybe Alan has to enable that).
> FAIL: PR ld/12942 (1)
I'm testing a fix for this. I had been assuming this was some weird
gcc bug, since the error goes away with -mcmodel=small. Proper
analysis revealed it as yet another bug caused gcc not putting all of
a comdat group function's code and data into the group, in this case
the PowerPC64 ELFv1 .opd section.
Australia Development Lab, IBM