This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix creating of non svr4 libraries
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 19:01:15 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix creating of non svr4 libraries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B4D4CA33-3A05-4F30-8F81-3EEF6102E13B at adacore dot com>
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 02:04:11PM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> PR binutils/14698
> * ar.c (open_inarch): Move code that set target from plugin_target.
This will break ar for lto objects (or require you to specify
--target=plugin). The problem is that archive elements must be loaded
under control of the lto plugin to see the real symbols, those that
you want to put into the archive symbol table.
Australia Development Lab, IBM