This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [SPARC][PATCH 0/2] Some improvements for the SPARC opcodes.
- From: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com (Jose E. Marchesi)
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:12:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [SPARC][PATCH 0/2] Some improvements for the SPARC opcodes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413356116-17295-1-git-send-email-jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com> <20141017 dot 115649 dot 232673438289894713 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
> The following two small patches fix a bug in the sparc opcodes table
> and annotate a few opcodes with the HWCAP2_VIS3B, which is a new
> hardware capability introduced to mark a subset of VIS 3.0
> instructions which are also implemented in the SPARC64 X+ processor.
> Jose E. Marchesi (2):
> opcodes: fix several misplaced hwcap entries.
> opcodes, elf: annotate instructions with HWCAP2_VIS3B.
These changes look fine to me.
Just out of curiosity have you tried a Linux kernel build with
these changes installed?
As a matter of fact, I _think_ that the Oracle kernel chaps actually
built a 3.x kernel with a patched binutils. Nevertheless I will build a
kernel myself and see what happens. As you say it is worth the try.