This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] src-release.sh: use --target
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 09:52:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] src-release.sh: use --target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <69046B5F-46F6-43D5-A29E-371C2A41E451 at adacore dot com> <20141014121224 dot GE4805 at adacore dot com>
On 14 Oct 2014, at 14:12, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> this one-line change is to execute src-release.sh on platforms
>> different from i386-pc-linux-gnu (otherwise I get compilation
>> error while compiling trad-core.c which is native only).
>> Ok for trunk ?
>> (I plan to backport it to the 2.25 branch).
>> Tested while building the 2.25 branch.
>> 2014-10-14 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * src-release.sh (do_proto_toplev): Configure with --target.
> FWIW, no objection from me.
Thanks, now committed.
> I'm actually wondering why we are
> specifying the host/target in the first place, but that's not
> very important.
Not all hosts support all modules ?