This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] add support for high entropy ASLR on Windows
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:12:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add support for high entropy ASLR on Windows
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408486024-11778-1-git-send-email-danielmicay at gmail dot com>
Enabling the HIGH_ENTROPY_VA flag allows the operating system to use
addresses outside of the 32-bit range before memory exhaustion. This
results in a higher entropy implementation of ASLR when used with the
Approved and applied.