This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Require GNU make? (was: Re: [RFA:] fix PR ld/16963, missing SEARCH_DIR for non-sysroot cross-builds)
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:08:33 +0100
- Subject: Require GNU make? (was: Re: [RFA:] fix PR ld/16963, missing SEARCH_DIR for non-sysroot cross-builds)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201405201619 dot s4KGJpRg002591 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <201405281315 dot s4SDFpU2031819 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <20140528141505 dot GJ6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 05/28/2014 03:15 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 03:15:51PM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>> Ping. I'd rather *not* tie this fix to moving to require GNU
>> make, please.
> OK then, since no one else has supported moving to GNU make.
(not speaking for tying the fix, but,)
Seems no one objected either. Changed subject to catch attention.
I was kind of hoping binutils would start requiring it, so
we could use it as excuse for GDB to require it as well. :-)