This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR gold/16945: Executable with -fpie and -mcmodel=large gives segfault on start
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 10:10:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR gold/16945: Executable with -fpie and -mcmodel=large gives segfault on start
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140515173129 dot GA19564 at intel dot com>
> 1. Since the GOT offset is always negative, we need to use signed int
> to support 64-bit GOT relocations.
i386.cc has the same problem, although I don't think it causes any
real issue. Whether it's declared signed or unsigned, the arithmetic
is still the same. I'll clean it up, though.