This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo
- From: Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 17:12:09 -0300
- Subject: Vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb repo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
at the time when binutils/gdb was moving to git, there has been some
discussion in the mailing list  about the possibility of hosting
vendor branches on sourceware.org's binutils-gdb git repository but, as
far as I understood, there has been no agreement about this policy.
We already maintain community vendor branches for glibc (on
sourceware.org) and gcc (on gnu.org), and we'd like to do the same for
binutils-gdb. The idea is to create separate namespaces, i.e.
ibm/gdb/7.7 and ibm/binutils/2.24. Those branches will only store
patches under GPL and with a proper copyright assignment.
Any comments? Objections?
Thanks and regards,
Edjunior Barbosa Machado
Linux Technology Center, IBM Systems & Technology Group