Re: Release 2.24

>  I reckon the original plan was to make the steps in the reverse order so
> that there's no pressure from outstanding releases to get the GIT tree in
> order, which I found reasonable -- what was the rationale behind changing
> the plan?  It has somehow escaped me (a list archive reference will do).

Pretty much everyone who answered felt that it was more work to keep
two systems around for the duration of the branch. In GDB, branches
are active for about 6 months, which is a long time, and for Binutils,
it is 1 year, I believe. I was the only one who initially did not want
to tie the 2 together, but I changed my mind, and decided to wait
a bit, and give the full-git approach a shot.

--
Joel