Re: Release 2.24

>  Just as a reminder, can we please coordinate so that GDB 7.7 is released
> before binutils 2.24?

It's fine with GDB of course if the Binutils projects wants to wait
for the GDB 7.7 release, but my guess is that we are quite a ways
away from it: We need the git transition to be done first, then
we need to make the branch and stabilize it towards a release state.

>  On the MIPS target we've switched PLT formats produced by LD for MIPS16
> and microMIPS binaries and for correct frame unwinding GDB has to
> understand them.  Otherwise it'll fail in odd ways, e.g. when stepping
> over a function called via PLT.  Of course all code required is there in
> our shared repository, it's just a matter of making the releases in the
> right order so that ordinary developers have a version of GDB to upgrade
> to available if needed.

Can you patch gdb-7.6 to understand the new format as well as
the old one with a patch that could be deemed safe? Perhaps it would
make sense to make a 7.6.2 release just for MIPS.

--
Joel