Re: ld generates static relocations in shared library

Hello Nick,

> Right - but libso.so is not a fully linked binary.  It is a shared
> library that is going to be used as part of another static link operation.

On the one hand, libso.so is used at static link-time of an executable, as you describe.
But on the other hand, libso.so is installed (=loaded) as dynamic library on the target -
and that's the point I don't understand:
What shall the loader do with this static relocations?
Which static relocations can occur in a shared library and must be handled by the loader ?

Thank you for helping,
regards,
Tom